I like to cook with as little dishes as possible, so we’re only going to use one glass baking dish for this recipe, choose your size based on the number of servings you desire and adjust quantities accordingly!
- 1 C Butternut Squash Chunks (I like to buy the pre-cut and peeled)
- 1 C Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 2 Gilbert’s Earlybird Chicken Breakfast Sausage – Maple & Brown Sugar
- 1 C Organic Kale (cut or turn into pieces without the stem)
- 10 Eggs (depending on the size of your dish and other ingredients used, you want enough to cover everything else)
- 1/3 C Shredded Cheddar or Crumbled Goat (depending on which flavor you like better)
- Olive Oil (or coconut oil)
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional: 1/2 C Yellow Onion
- Preheat over to 400 degrees
- Toss squash in oil and place in your glass baking dish (I used an 8×8 dish) and place in oven for 15 minutes to pre-cook the squash (& onion if using)
- While this is cooking, prepare the rest of your ingredients by cutting veggies and slicing sausage links.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Once squash is partially cooked, add the rest of your ingredients to the same dish and top with beaten eggs, gently stir to combine
- Bake at 400 for another 20-25 minutes (until eggs are set in the middle, better to slightly undercook then overcook)
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving